One Night at Call Center - 257 Pages
257 Pages, Perfect for adults who enjoy the genre of light read fiction
- One Night @ the Call Center is a novel written by Chetan Bhagat and first published in 2005.
- The novel revolves around a group of six call center employees working at the Connexions call center in Gurgaon, Haryana, India.
- The premises that this book contains include the quietness and reserved lives of the youth of modern India, inhibitions about career, marriage and family problems in a gradually transforming India.
- Chetan Bhagat is the author of eleven blockbuster books
- Several of his novels have been adapted into successful Bollywood films
One night at the call centre' focuses on the story of one night's happening with 6 people working together at a call centre in gurgaon, india. At this particular call centre, the employees are focused on giving technical support to american clients. The 6 characters, shyam, priyanka, esha, vroom, radhika and military uncle are friends, who are all working on this particular night shift together. In america, it is the thanksgiving time and the phone lines are ringing frantically. The call centre receives one call from a very special caller, god. A call that alters everything. Although, it is vastly based on this story of 6 characters, the book initiates with a train journey from kanpur to delhi. The narrating author meets a young girl on the train, who offers to narrate to him an account with a prerequisite that he will have to convert it into his 2nd publication. The author hesitantly agrees. And the story is of that particular night at the call centre in gurgaon. The story is narrated through shyam's perspective. The narrations include emotions of lost love, disillusioned aspirations, lack of warmth from family, stress of patriarchal system and the work environs of multinationals.
Brand - KRJ World of Books
Title - One Night at Call Center
Type - Story Book
Number of Pages - 257
Language - English
Format - Paperback
Author - Chetan Bhagat
Publishing Date - October 2005
Publisher - Rupa Publications India
Items Included in the Package: