Diary Of A Young Girl - 426 Pages is out of stock
People who viewed this have also shown interest in these products
Diary Of A Young Girl - 426 Pages
9 to 12 years, 426 Pages, Anne Frank’s remarkable diary has become a world classic, a powerful reminder of the horrors of war and an eloquent testament to the human spirit
Out of stock
Notify me by Email & Mobile when the product is in stock
- Discovered in the attic in which she spent the last years of her life, Anne Frank’s remarkable diary has become a world classic
- A powerful reminder of the horrors of war and an eloquent testament to the human spirit.
- In 1942, with the Nazis occupying Holland, a thirteen-year-old Jewish girl and her family fled their home in Amsterdam and went into hiding.
- For the next two years, until their whereabouts were betrayed to the Gestapo, the Franks and another family lived cloistered in the “Secret Annexe” of an old office building.
- Cut off from the outside world, they faced hunger, boredom, the constant cruelties of living in confined quarters, and the ever-present threat of discovery and death.
- In her diary Anne Frank recorded vivid impressions of her experiences during this period.
The single most poignant true-life story to emerge from the Second World War. In July 1942, Anne Frank and her family, fleeing the horrors of Nazi occupation, hide in the back of an Amsterdam warehouse. Anne is thirteen when the family goes into the Secret Annexe and over the next two years she vividly describes in her diary the frustrations of living in such confined quarters, the constant threat of discovery, hunger and tiredness and, above all, boredom. Her diary ends abruptly when she and her family are discovered by the Nazis in August 1944. Anne died while imprisoned at Bergen-Belsen, three months short of her sixteenth birthday, but this acute account of her life and the world around her reveals her as more human, more vulnerable and more vital than ever.
Brand - Penguin Books
Title - Diary Of A Young Girl - Anna Frank
Type - Story Book
Age - 9 to 12 years
Number of Pages - 426
Language - English
Format - Paperback
Author - Anna Frank
Publisher - Bantam
Items Included in the Package: